Young Adult Ministry
Young Adult Ministry [Accordion]
Mary Kubanda and Dan Obendorf at Our Lady of Mercy, [email protected]
Mitch Ryan, [email protected], and Michael Menconi, [email protected], at St. Isidore
- Clarendon Hills
Jessilyn and Terese Gibas at Notre Dame, [email protected], and Chris Simon, [email protected]
- Glen Ellyn
Gabi McMahon at St. Petronille, [email protected]
Alex Gervacio at St. Joan of Arc, [email protected]
Kristin Kay and Nick LaBanca from Lockport Young Adults, [email protected] and [email protected]
Danielle Kuboushek at St. Mary, [email protected]
Dorothy Grantham, [email protected], and Fr. Alex Lorang, [email protected], at St. Thomas the Apostle
- New Lenox
Matthew Krumdrick at St. Jude, [email protected]
Char McCarthy at Resurrection, [email protected]
Cassie Brown at St. Michael, [email protected]
Michele Gonzales at St Patrick, [email protected]
- Catholic Sports
Seth Popov, [email protected]
- Sons of Thunder
[email protected], and Zack Hernandez, [email protected], from the Young Adult Men’s group at Men of Christ
- Joliet VENITE is a network of young adult communities spread throughout the Diocese of Joliet.
- Pietre Vive Living Stones is a young adult community that meets every Monday at 7:30 p.m. on Zoom for prayer, theological and art-historical formation, and conversation. They also have frequent visits to churches and museums in Chicago and other cities.
- Catholic Sports
Faith and Fortitude in the Workplace
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
6 to 9 p.m.
Benedictine University in Lisle (5700 College Rd.)
Join YCP Chicago and Benedictine University Goodwin College of Business for our Executive Panel Discussions Series (EDPs) event.
Beloved of God
Saturday, October 21, 2023
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
St. Isaac Joques in Hinsdale (306 W. Fourth Street)
This young adult retreat experience is for 18- to 39-year-olds in the diocese for those who seek to unveil the gift of who we are as beloved sons and daughters of God.
Samuel Group is a community of young adults, ages 20-35, who are striving for holiness and seeking a deeper relationship with God. Over seven months, members will learn how to deepen their prayer life, discover the rules of discernment by St. Ignatius of Loyola and receive guidance from a spiritual director.
Several Young Adult events are held each year to enrich your faith, build community, and grow relationships with Jesus Christ and your peers.
- Notre Dame and Holy Trinity — Westmont Knights of Columbus at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 19
- Diocese of Joliet: Three events throughout 2024 will be planned, each tied to a part of the theme for the 75th Anniversary: Founded in Faith, Called to Witness, Sent Forth to Serve. Check back later in 2023 for more information.
- Lockport Young Adults, Y'Alto Young Adult Network (Mokena, New Lenox, Frankfort, and Tinley Park), and St. Jude (New Lenox) are all planning a fall series of events. Check links for details.
VENITE is a network of young adult communities spread throughout the Diocese of Joliet. Together, they are building a far-reaching network of peers that are seeking to follow Christ and create opportunities and spaces where we are free to fellowship with one another and encourage, help and support each other in our respective faith journeys and lives.